Non Stop Ventilator running

Reaction score
Hey there,

When i surf on the internet with my google chrome i have no problems at all. But when i go on "http://www.finanznachrichten.de/" then my MacBooks ventilators starts running non stop. As soon as i leave that website and go on any other website then the ventilator stops running. Now my theory is that i have to change something in my settings but i have no idea wich one it should be. There must be a setting that will allow the website ro run silence on my macbook. It is not logical to offer to a website that makes all the macs ventilator running mad! What can i say ? I find out that it happens on most of finance websites. I guess it must have something to do with real time informations ??.... I m sure if click here and there some clicks that it will run smoothly. Is there anyone who can solve me the problem ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The fans are spinning faster because the site is causing your MacBook to work harder. This is normal, the fans are thermostatically controlled. You wouldn't want to turn them off as the machine would overheat and shut down.

If the fans are excessively loud, you may want to have the machine looked at professionally.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for for your answer made!.. Is there a way to stop the site doing that ? Or can i adapt my macbook ? What exactly is it that thing from the web site that causes that ? Once i know the word i can continue searching on google in Forums for an answer. Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for for your answer made!.. Is there a way to stop the site doing that ?

You've got a ton of calculating and real-time refreshes happening on that site. It's just its nature. The only way to stop it would be to stop using it ;)

Or can i adapt my macbook ? What exactly is it that thing from the web site that causes that ? Once i know the word i can continue searching on google in Forums for an answer. Thanks

Let me give you an analogy. It's 47ºC outside and your air conditioning kicks on to cool your home down. You find the noise of the air conditioner to be unpleasant. It would be like asking how you can turn the air conditioner off, but still have the temperature less than 47º.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi there. Thanks for time and letting me know all that:)

But here i got something more productive:)...I don t want to be meen :)

What does that message means ?

The page at s.finanznachrichten.de says: Warning 120. Warning: there is proberly another web application connected to the same Lightstreamer Server within this browser instance . That could prevent the current application from connecting to the Server. Please close the other application to unblock the current one.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi there. Thanks for time and letting me know all that:)

But here i got something more productive:)...I don t want to be meen :)

What does that message means ?

The page at s.finanznachrichten.de says: Warning 120. Warning: there is proberly another web application connected to the same Lightstreamer Server within this browser instance . That could prevent the current application from connecting to the Server. Please close the other application to unblock the current one.

You likely have more than one browser tab open, connected to the same site. Press Command+Q to quit the browser. Then, open it back up again and try again.

OP
I
Reaction score
I made a new download of the OS of the internet but when i go on Aktien | Aktuelle Nachrichten zu Finanzen then the cpu is getting warm and ventilators starts runninf loud. That webpage shows a lot of commercial and it came to my attention that when i go on similarly webpages wich also shows a lot of commercials that the cpu is getting hot after 5 seconds or sometimes a view minutes and after i leave the webpage then the cpu cools donw but i only happens when i m on webpages wich shows a lot of commercials, it looks like popup windows maybe 5 or 6 and in each one is a commercial of a product running and i understand that the cpu has to get warm to show all these contents but when i go on the desktop at work or when other people are telling me that there cpu is not running hot when they go on commercial webpages then i my PC must have a problem. As per my knowledge everything is back to new and it should run troublefree after the new downloaded OS ! I did download the newest OS version up to today (10.7.5). I think with all these new uploads of new OS systems that my PC has not enough memory OR is there a wrong set up on the browser OR a wrong set up on my OS OR do i have a bad set up on my mackeeper ? In the past my mackeeper has deleted duplicated files wich he shows after the duplicated scan....yes i did deleted those files 2 or maximum 3 times but then i realized that i don t understand what i m doing so i stop it but now those deleted files must be gone it is more then a year ago ! Mackeeper set up s are: real-time safe browsing and automatic security updates on ON and real-time antivirus scan is on OFF and if the last one is on ON then it is 2 times worst so it is on OFF.

I m not a pro on OS s.... but on top of my head these are all the changes i done to my PC. So i think there is somewhere a set up for commercials somehow...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1st - all the long time members here are going to tell you to get rid of MacKeeper

2nd - there is no such thing as a setup for commercials (ads)

If those ads are using Flash - your fans are going to spin and there is no way to stop them other than using an adblocker that will prevent the ads from being displayed. Would recommend AdBlock for Safari - Adblock Plus for the other browsers.

You should expect whenever a video is playing, the fans are going to spin up faster - unless you would like to burn up the graphics card in your machine.

OP
I
Reaction score
I have just played on "View webpage info" and when i block Javascript then the cpu stays fine but when it is on "allow only this site" OR "use global default" then the cpu is cooking hot... so i came closer to the Problem. The problem must be connected to the Javascript! But Javascript is on the latest update.

Can u help me ? Why is Javascript making my cpu hot ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.