rosetta!?!

C

craigaudio

Ive ordered a macbook pro and was well looking forward to getting involved with the little beauty...then i found out that the pro applications i use for making music might not work.

Im currently using cubase, ableton live 5, and Battery 2 with my setup and want to smoothly move over to the new setup with no waiting or messing about. However the vendors say that updates wont be available for months and that they cannot provide support for rossetta!!!

Does anyone know if the software apps will still work with rossetta? Im seriosuly thinking about just buying a powerbook instead and not having the teething issues i might have with the macbook pro.

Please somebody know the answer. Its killing me waiting!!!

Reaction score
craigaudio said:
Ive ordered a macbook pro and was well looking forward to getting involved with the little beauty...then i found out that the pro applications i use for making music might not work.

Im currently using cubase, ableton live 5, and Battery 2 with my setup and want to smoothly move over to the new setup with no waiting or messing about. However the vendors say that updates wont be available for months and that they cannot provide support for rossetta!!!

Does anyone know if the software apps will still work with rossetta? Im seriosuly thinking about just buying a powerbook instead and not having the teething issues i might have with the macbook pro.

Please somebody know the answer. Its killing me waiting!!!

Well I dont know much about music apps but if they are made by apple and apple's affiliates then the updates wont take long, but if they are made by other companies (such as adobe for example) then you probably will have to wait for the new update. Though in my opinion the new MacBook Pro's wont be released in February, I think they will be released in March-April, and by then most of the apps will be universal, hopefully. For example all video editing apps will be available in late March. You can always work with rossetta, though it will be 2 or even 3 times slower. Photoshop benchmarks on the new Intel iMacs are pretty slowed even when compared to the previous G5's. Personally I have the same problem, I just sold my PB and dont know what to buy, a G5 or Intel Duo Core.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.