Mirroring Freezing Display

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am running OSX 10.8.2 and recently encountered a problem when mirroring my screen. When I mirror, the screen freezes and I cannot access anything with my mouse. The mouse works, I can move it around but I cannot click on anything. Folders, background, windows, etc (whatever was showing upon mirroring) becomes a still "image" and nothing can be clicked.

I have tried:
-Multiple restarts
-Multiple monitors (VGA and DVI)
-Opening all frequently used apps, closing them, restarting, etc.
-Booting from an external HD with OSX installed (works)

For the life of me, I cannot figure it out... My guess is it is software related or possibly browser related but I cannot seem to fix it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Please...no need to cross post...threads merged.

Also...it may help if you let us know what Macintosh model you have. I'm guessing a laptop of some sort...but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
exact same problem here with all of out 8 mac pro updated to 10.8.2, I tried NVIDIA 5770 and 5870 and got the same result, the only way i can get back the extended display to work without mirror display enable, is to make a PRAM reboot with only one display connected, then if i connect a second display and enable mirror display, the mouse is moving but everything is frozen until i disconect the second display.

if i downgrade to OS 10.7 then everything is working fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.