Getting Rid of App Icon?

Reaction score
Hi. I went through the super-simple "Delete it from the apps folder" thing to delete "Apimac Notepad".

However the thing still has an icon in my "Launchpad" thing?

Clicking on it does nothing, except a white question mark appears over it.

I know I sound like a parrot but with Windows I would know what to do, but with this I have no clue? Double-tapping or any other gestures don't seem to do ANYTHING on the launch screen, all I can do is make the question mark appear.

So what do I do to get rid of this annoying icon?

:(

Cheers

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
While Launchpad is open, hold the Option key, the icons will jiggle and you will get an X in one corner. Click the X to remove the icon..

OP
P
Reaction score
Well the good news is the icon has now vanished anyway, after a 3rd reboot.

However I tried the control key thing and the icons do indeed wiggle, but I don't see any crosses anywhere? I tried putting the cursor over icons, next to them, sniffing around in the corners of the main screen.. but no crosses?

Or does it only show an X for icons that are no longer valid?

P

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It will not let you delete Apple's system icons.
And many developers don't include that option in their code.

As you noticed - it can take a little while before Launchpad updates itself - but it will, if you leave it to it's own devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.