Ipad 2 LCD

Reaction score
Hey everybody I need some help. My lcd screen won't display anything, but everything else works fine, like the volume and power. When I turn it on I can hear the lock screen opening and the touch screen works to. When I tap my hands in the keyboard area (where the keyboard would be displayed on the screen) I hear the keyboard clicks. It's like everything works except the screen display. I could probably even use it without having to use the display if I memorized where all my apps were. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's driving me crazy. I checked the logic board and everything is fine under there. Could it be a cut ribbon? Even though I'm positive I didn't mess anything up replacing the touch screen. Or do I need to buy a new lcd or lcd ribbon? :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you mean the screen lights up but there is no video at all? And, did you by chance purchase the Apple care extended warranty?

OP
F
Reaction score
No the screen does light up at all. I'ts black. There's absolutely no display of anything. But everything else functions fine. And no I did not purchase the warranty. :/

OP
F
Reaction score
Well no actually. I didn't do anything to it really. I don't know what the problem is. Should I buy a new one?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like either the display has failed or the digitizer needs to be replaced. I would take it on in to an Apple store and have them look at it. If it's not under warranty, make sure you get an estimate of repair cost before deciding to repair it. Normally, they do not repair iPads or iPhones but instead charge you for swapping it out for a refurbished unit.

C

chas_m

If I've interpreted the OP's post correctly, it would not matter whether he was under warranty or not. He refers to having opened the iPad up, "checked" the logic board and most importantly replaced the touch screen. So there's no warranty on that iPad now even if there was before he did that.

OP
F
Reaction score
Ok what exactly is the digitizer. Is it the screen? Or the cable that connects to it? Or what? And what should I do if the display really has failed??? And yea I didn't think about that chas_m.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like I advised you above... take it on in to your local Apple store and inquire as to the cost for swapping it out for a refurbished unit. It may cost you less that way instead of trying to continue trouble shooting and replacing parts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.