Best Video Program for capturing HQ Screen Grabs?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I realise this is a video based question but thought it would sit better in Images.

I'm looking for a Video program that does really decent HQ screen grabs as an image. The grabs that programs like VLC and all the generic ones aren't too great.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers!
Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
VLC Takes pixel perfect screen grabs.

What feature are you looking for in particular?

C

chas_m

Mrplow is correct -- VLC's screen grabs are as much video information as is available.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks all. The screen grabs VLC does have some faint lines through it. I am looking for the best way to capture a video shot that looks as close to a picture perfect photo as it can get. Does this make sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's all down to the video file.

If you pause the playback, then take the capture, that's the best possible quality you'll get.

It's not VLC or any other tool that's introducing those lines.

To minimise those kind of artefacts you need to be using the highest quality input source possible.

C

chas_m

And of course 1080p video is going to get you closer to your goal than 480p VHS transfer.

But even 1080p is perhaps half the resolution of a typical consumer digital camera, so even that is going to give you a bit less than what you're looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.