MBP 13" Replacement Glass - Genuine?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently had an accident with my trusty MBP and the glass screen has shattered, although luckily the LCD display is still in full working order. I've done some research and have decided that I could replace it myself should it be the cheaper option to claiming on my contents insurance.

What I'm struggling to find answers for is, can you buy 'genuine' MBP glass, and should I definitely buy this over replacement glass? I'm in the UK so probably have a few less options, this is the only place I can find 'genuine' (?) glass although I've read Apple never sold it, or for 1/5th of the price I can buy something that looks the same.

Thanks,
Oli

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Apple only supplies complete display assemblies to service providers and Apple store genius bars, the glass isn't available as a spare part. The quality of third party glass and its double sided fixing tape can vary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.