Cannot open mactracker

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used iMac 17" G5 running (OSX-10.5.8 Leopard) I had some questions about it... so I strolled to the nearest Apple Store to ask some detailed questions about this model. The representative recommended that I go online and download an Application called Mactracker because one could use it to determine more specifically... the expansion of this computer and some technical specifications that I was interested in.

Well... I went to the Site and attempted to download and use this App, I quickly received a prompt that said the following.(Safari can't open the file "Mactracker" because no available application can open it.)

A bit of a catch-22 in my book, because the message did not proved a solution to the problem. So what needs to be installed in this Mac in order to run Mactracker? Always problems with Computers... and they are supposed to make our lives easier, but, they do a fantastic job of consuming time.

Any assistance or suggestions will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Silvio

:Cool:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just head to everymac.com and look up your Mac there.

Don't know that the current version of MacTracker is still working in Leopard or not.

OP
AFMRPCUSER
Reaction score
Just head to everymac.com and look up your Mac there.

Don't know that the current version of MacTracker is still working in Leopard or not.

I went to the Site you recommended (Mac Specs, Prices, Answers & Comparison @ EveryMac.com, Est. 1996) it was bursting with an abundance of excellent information, including what I wanted to know about max RAM specifications as we are considering a RAM upgrade on this Machine. We have plenty of 1GB SDRAMS and 2 will find their way into the slots. Now... if I could only get the scroll function on the Mouse to work, I will be completely content.

Thank you very much for the Thread and the good Info.

Ciao,

Silvio
:Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.