3.0 usb hub, which one??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
New to the Mac world! Which 3.0 usb hub should I go with?

Are you using this hub with an Apple computer? If so...do you have an Apple computer that supports USB 3.0?

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
To be on the safe side, you should probably stick with known name brands to get the most out of a USB 3.0 hub..

Now with 4 USB 3 ports available on the iMac, how many devices were you planning on connecting to it anyway?

OP
H
Reaction score
To be on the safe side, you should probably stick with known name brands to get the most out of a USB 3.0 hub..

Now with 4 USB 3 ports available on the iMac, how many devices were you planning on connecting to it anyway?

Well, I have a wireless trackball that has a wireless receiver that needs to be connected. 2 printers at the moment. I thought I would like a couple of extras for quick access. I'm no computer guru, am I missing something here?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So I count 3 devices you want connected and you'll have one left over for plugging something else. If you think you'll want to more devices or want easy access, you can certainly get a hub. USB 3.0 being the newest version, you just have to make sure that you get a reputable brand so that it works at the advertised USB 3.0 speeds and all..

I can't recommend a particular brand since my iMac only has USB 2.0 and I only ever plug in 2 USB devices..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.