Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
I have limewire on my iMac as it was transferred over from my macbook. It has been disabled by the software company by court order. I'd like to get rid of it as it no longer works.

My question is....if I uninstall the program, will it erase the songs I've downloaded from them.

The songs are in a file in the lime wire program but also seem to be located in ITunes in a music folder.

I guess what I want to know is if there are actually two copies of each song on the imac or does the itunes folder just point to the lime wire location. It seems like there are doubles of all of them, but with my sketchy knowledge of macs I am not sure.

Can I un install limewire without loosing the songs??

As always thanks for your advice.

C

chas_m

Just to be safe, you could buy a copy of the songs you stole. The iTunes Store sells songs (cheap!) as does Amazon (sometimes even cheaper!), neither of them with any DRM. Then you won't have to worry about it, and the artist(s), which I have to presume you like and want to support, will actually see a little money for their efforts instead of zero.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
If Limewire still worked, would you continue to use it to steal music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If you can't figure out a way to manage your stolen content, do you really think that we are going to help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
We don't help you with doing illegal stuff...thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.