question about OS upgrading.

Reaction score
I currently have Mac OS X version 10.6.8, and I would like to update to 10.7 or later.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

I think I read it can be downloaded, but I cannot find the link on the apple site.

Did find this, is this the same thing:
OS X Lion 10.7.4 (Mac) - Download

Any help would be great! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Your link is an update only.

Apple has discontinued Lion however you can go into the App Store and download Mountain Lion for $20.00. Suggest burning to a USB thumb drive before running installer. Your MB can handle up to 8GB of memory and an increase would certainly aid performance.

http://liondiskmaker.com

OP
R
Reaction score
Your link is an update only.

Apple has discontinued Lion however you can go into the App Store and download Mountain Lion for $20.00. Suggest burning to a USB thumb drive before running installer.

Thanks.
Why burn it to a USB before installing?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I currently have Mac OS X version 10.6.8, and I would like to update to 10.7 or later.

I think I read it can be downloaded, but I cannot find the link on the apple site.

OS 10.7 "Lion" is no longer available for download. Your only option for an OS upgrade is OS 10.8...which really isn't so bad...since it's the latest OS version.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That way you have it like a system DVD for troubleshooting etc. Should you install first you can no longer make the thumb drive as it erases itself from the Applications folder. If you upgrade to OS X.9 in time simply erase the thumb drive and do again. Am I getting an echo?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.