• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mac OS 9 Screen Recorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 iMac 21.5" i5 2.8ghz OS X 10.8
Hey there. I have an old ibook that i would like to record the screen on. I know I wont get HD but this youtube video seems to have good quality in 360p mode. Can you tell me what screen recorder he is using or one with similar quality for OS 9?

Thanks

EDIT: mods if this is wrong location please move it.

C

chas_m

Wow, OS 9. Jiminy.

Hmmm. This is tickling really long-dormant brain cells. OS 9 was well over 10 years ago now, as I'm sure you know.

I think the only answer I can come with for you is Snapz Pro, which I *believe* was around in the OS 9 days. It's the only thing I can think of for screen capturing waaaaaay back then. Have no idea where you would find a copy of it now, obviously ...

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been searching for snapz pro online the only version i can find is for mountain lion. Still on the as i am a computer tutorial creator and really need this.

C

chas_m

It was last updated 10 years ago, I doubt they will be able to purchase it or get it to work.

Message to the OP: if you're a computer tutorial creator, why on earth are you using OS 9, or creating tutorials for it?? There's no market for this ... are you sure you're on Mac OS 9?

(I ask this because we have gotten people who say OS 9 when they in fact meant OS 10 or OS X 10.3.9 for example)

Reaction score
Good point, I just followed the developers link and got object not found for Citrussoftware.
Surprised Macupdate still carries it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I am running 9.2.2. I need to fix the iBook before I use this. The tutorial is for a app porting interface.

C

chas_m

My only suggestion is that you contact the developers of Snapz Pro (Ambrosia) and see if they can help you with an OS 9 copy. It won't be easy (I would have said impossible) to find a copy on the net, we're talking 14 to 11 years back for OS 9 stuff. Even if you found a copy of Snapz Pro, it wouldn't run because it expects you to pay for it after x number of demo shots -- luckily the company still exists!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.