iCloud Issue on the Web

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6GHz 256GB Flash Drive
Hi there,

Recently migrated to a 2013 MacBook Pro, from my trusted 2008 Pro model. I have an issue whereby i have reset my Apple ID/Password, and my devices are communicating correctly. However, I go to the web/iCloud and I am unable to access/load application icons from clicking the icon...

Window appears advising me there was an issue in loading the application.

I successfully log into my iCloud account on the web, and when I do, my Apple ID within the window shows the alternate email account associated to my Apple ID. I have changed all required settings, in setting up iCloud on my Mac.

Suggestions for resolve??

Thanks

C

chas_m

What address are you going to on the web? What browser are you using?

It sounds as though you have not really reset your Apple ID but instead created a second one. Once originally created, the name (usually shown as an email address) for an Apple ID can't be changed. You can change the alternate contact address, but not the username -- which is an email address.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6GHz 256GB Flash Drive
Chas_m - appreciate your feedback... web address www.icloud.com, utilising Safari as my web browser.. I will try to reconfigure the Apple ID to it's original setting... Will let you know the outcome..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.