Connecting two macs to a printer

Reaction score
I have two macs, both of which are wirelessly networked to an airport extreme base station.

I have a Brother printer (HL 2170W model) which I have problem making it work wirelessly, so it is currently connected to one mac via a USB permanently.

The print driver has been installed on both macs.

The problem is how do I print from the other mac?

Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did the printer work over the WiFi with either Mac? That's something you might want to troubleshoot to make both Macs happy..

But, if you have the printer connected to one Mac, you can share that printer on the Network and have the other Mac use it..

A couple of links for you to look through, they might not be for the EXACT versions of OS X you have, but the steps should be very similar:
How to Share a Network Printer in Mac OS X Snow Leopard - For Dummies
Video How-To: Printer Sharing on a Mac — Tech News and Analysis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can share the printer on the network from one Mac to the other.

System Preferences - Sharing

OP
P
Reaction score
Did the printer work over the WiFi with either Mac? That's something you might want to troubleshoot to make both Macs happy..

But, if you have the printer connected to one Mac, you can share that printer on the Network and have the other Mac use it..

A couple of links for you to look through, they might not be for the EXACT versions of OS X you have, but the steps should be very similar:
How to Share a Network Printer in Mac OS X Snow Leopard - For Dummies
Video How-To: Printer Sharing on a Mac — Tech News and Analysis

Hi
The printer is not connected to WIFI because I won't connect wirelessly which I will try again but I am having real problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.