Bought used ipad through mail, what to check before warranty expires ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
I bought used ipad 3rd generation thru mail, warranty expires by Mar 15, worth it to get to Apple store to check for its function ? if not what to look for ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Do a full restore in iTunes.

Try the buttons, headphone jack, cameras, charging ok. Make sure free space reported on.

Enable multi touch gestures make sure all fingers detected. Install a demanding game, like real racing 3,

That'll give it a pretty all round workout

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bought used ipad 3rd generation thru mail, warranty expires by Mar 15, worth it to get to Apple store to check for its function ? if not what to look for ?

Not sure exactly what you mean by..."Bought used iPad 3ed gen. thru mail". I mean I know what the "mail" is...but what you didn't tell us is how long have you had this iPad? Did you just get it 2 days ago, 2 weeks ago, 2 months ago...what?

My point is...iPads are pretty simple devices (not nearly as complex as a computer in terms of parts or things that can go wrong). So if you've had it for a while...and it's working fine...then there's nothing to really be concerned about.

If you take it to the Apple Store for a "check"...all they're probably going to do it is turn it on...launch a few apps...turn the cameras on, and navigate a few webpages. If the iPad does all this...then it's probably fine.:)

Anything else that would be wrong with it...you would see. Cracked screen, cosmetic damage to the case, buttons not working properly.

- Nick

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
will be in hand day after tomorrow.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
will be in hand day after tomorrow.

Ahh...very interesting...you don't even have it yet! A VERY different situation than I envisioned from the initial post.

I think that if you do what "mrplow" and I have suggested above...you should be fine.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

C

chas_m

If there is an Apple store near you ... by all means make an appointment, drop in at the appointed time, tell em your story and let them run a diagnostic for you. You still have a few days to buy the extended warranty if you wish, but you can't after the original warranty runs out.

I would say that if the iPad checks out okay, you can skip the extended warranty. If they find anything, they'll fix it.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Thanks, guys.
Will be in apple store as soon as I get it, And report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.