Transfer of music files

Reaction score
Hi there

My girlfriend had her MacBook stolen. It wasn't insured so we are now using my MacBook for both of us.

Her iTunes library is gone, but the music is still on her iPod. I am trying to transfer this to what is now our MacBook, despite some of her questionable taste...!

I have transferred the music files from her iPod to an external hard drive, but when I open up that folder on our MacBook the files are not visible, there is absolutely nothing there. However, when I click on 'Get Info' it shows that the folder is 15.2 GB in size. How can I see these files and finish the transfer?

Thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome to the forums.

Bottom line is, no matter which way you go its going to cost you $ to buy the App to do it with, and i recommend,Senuti — Recover music from your iPod, iPhone or iPad to your Mac, does a admirable job and for the cost of 4 Lattes you have all your music back.

Did your GF have iTunes Match set up ? If so log in with Apple ID and get iTunes Match going and you will have her music back, but if not you will have to by a App that does the job as i outlined above. Or IF they were purchased via iTunes and you can with her Apple ID sign in and Download all purchased songs not on this computer....

There are other Apps out there but i think Senuti is the way to go.
HTH

Cheers

EDIT : Here is Senuti -- Free Open Source GPL Version before they clode it and made it a paid version http://wstein.org/senuti/. Just not too sure if its compatible with iTunes 11 and iOS 6 if thats what your running but worth a look too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.