iPad don't pair with android phone

Reaction score
I understand how much apple is trying to block android (lol), but is this means that I can't pair my android phone to my ipad to exchange photo or.... Via Bluetooth?
I have no problem pairing my phone with my Mac but can't pair it with my iPad or iPod touch.
How can I overcome the issue?

C

chas_m

The iPad doesn't directly pair with much of anything other than a keyboard or headset/headphones. Not even with other iDevices.

The exception to this is a free third-party program called Bump, which is available for iOS and Android (Android link). You should be able to "bump" individual files from one device to another with that. It normally uses Wi-Fi but can use Bluetooth as a fallback (BT is a lot slower if you're trying to transfer large files, however).

For normal syncing (let's say whole photo albums for example), you would just sync through iTunes on your Mac or PC, or use the software provided by your Android maker to do sync the same albums etc that you iPhone has.

For the record, Apple isn't trying to "block" Android, it's trying to get Google to stop stealing other companies' technology (here's two examples of what I mean by this), and to stop using standards-essential patents as legal weapons against competitors (again, example). Apple is not the only company or entity trying to get Google to play by the rules.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Not much success with Bump. I was trying to install SyncMate to iPad, connect iPad to my Phone via Bluetooth and sync the calendars. I gave up on that...nothing works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
What exactly are you trying to transfer/sync?

Doug

C

chas_m

No, that isn't going to work. Bluetooth is not generally a file transfer method for the iPad.

OP
Q
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to transfer/sync?

Doug

I thought I can pair my iPad with my android phone to easily transfer pictures using bluetooth. Also, syncing my calendars using bluetooth and SyncMate. I think I know that none of these is going to happen the way it does with my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well, you certainly can sync your Google calender to your iPad using iCloud, that's for sure. Use CalDav to sync and use m.google.com as the server.

As for the rest, why not just use Dropbox? It's the most seamless way to sync everything between multiple platforms.

Doug

C

chas_m

Yes, Dropbox or something like it (Box.net, Skydrive, SugarSync, etc) would probably be the best option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.