Printing on Mac OS Lion

Reaction score
I am trying to print a document two sided, but I cannot print multiple copies. I have tried almost everything and even when it allows me to change the number of copies to what i need the printer still only prints one copy.

M

MacInWin

Version of OSX? What program are you using to print? What printer? What have you tried ("almost everything" is a bit ambiguous)? How is the printer connected? Is the driver for the printer up-to-date? What Mac are you using?

OP
E
Reaction score
I am using microsoft word (publisher view), I am connected to the Lanier ld620c. I cannot change the printer options because it says its restricted. I am connected through the print server, its a brand new set up, and I am on a MacBook Pro.

M

MacInWin

Are you using that printer in a home office, or is it in a company environment? How are you connected to the printer (LAN, wireless, USB)? If the printer is restricted, you may have to find someone who can control the printer to authorize what you want. If it's in a home office, you may need to contact Lanier to see why the printer is restricted.

C

chas_m

Two-sided printing is accomplished in one of two ways: the printer can handle it automatically, or you print odd pages, re-insert the paper flipped over, and print even pages. :)

Assuming your printer can handle two-sided printing automatically, the option should be available in the printer driver. Your driver might be out of date, but as you mention options are "restricted" I suspect you're wanting to do this from work and thus for whatever reason the IT people have turned that option off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.