two monitors out of a mac mini

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

please forgive any ignorance that follows. I am a new convert from a PC and have bought a Mac Mini 2012. I want to be able to use a monitor that I can see my music programme but run a second monitor that will allow me to display visuals from a VJ programme. Here is my journey.

I bought the mac mini and the thunderbolt to vga adapter. Generic VGA monitor - worked a treat. I then wanted to run a second generic vga monitor form the hdmi port. After a lot research I chose an adapter for £15 that one of the reviews said worked perfectly for a mac mini and VGA. Bought it form Amazon. Didn't work - no signal etc - refund. Then I thought I would buy a monitor / DVD with a HDMI cable and do hdmi to hdmi and use that as the music monitor and use the thunderbolt port for the projector and VJ programme. Bought one from Asda. Plugged in great picture etc worked a treat but got a ground hum from new HDMI monitor. More research and realised that ground hum was a nightmare. HDMI monitor back and refund.

It is doing my head in.
I will be a happier man if someone could say that they have a mac mini 2012 and they bought this HDMI VGA converter and use a generic vga monitor and it works a treat. There is only so much stuff I can return before my lick runs out.

I don't think I'm asking for much.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers Pete

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't think I'm asking for much.

Time to get some newer more modern monitors. VGA monitors are pretty ancient in computer terms!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.