Inability to load printer driver

A

alfaro239

I downloaded the correct printer driver for my printer but when I try to install it it looks for the printer on the network and it can't find it, thus can't install it. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Can you give us a little more information so we can help you?

1. What brand of printer is it?

2. Does it have built in networking or does it use an external print server.

Answering these questions can give us a better understanding of the current situation.

OP
A

alfaro239

macEfan said:
Can you give us a little more information so we can help you?

The Printer is an HP Photosmart 7350. I don't understand your second question but I know that the printer is Connected to our host computer in our home and our other windows networked computers can print to it. I had originally tried to go to the mac setup and setup windows printing but it didn't have our type of HP printer to choose so I downloaded the Printer Driver. The Printer Driver is now not downloading. The setup wizard gives you two choices. One is to to direct connect through USB which isn't possible since its networked. The second is TCP/IP (Network) and it scans and cannot find anything So I cannot go to the next step for installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.