iPad Mini Digitizer replacement require soldering?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand experience replacing the digitizer on the iPad Mini? Some sites say it requires soldering and some say it doesn't....I'm trying to decide if I can do it myself or send it of somewhere....Thanks for the help!

-Tim

Reaction score
There are two types sold. One without the ic chip and one with the ic chip attached. The one without the ic chip is fairly inexpensive but requires you to remove the old ic chip from the defective screen and attach it to the new screen. A delicate operation and one you should not attempt unless you have experience in this area. The one with the ic chip (no soldering required) is the way to go.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The post you responded to was a bit dated (almost one year old), however, it's a great reply which others can find when doing a search on the subject. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.