what personal finance software?

Reaction score
I have used quicken for quite some time, what are my options for mac? quicken still available? or anyone have other ideas?

thanks

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
There is a version of Quicken for Mac but its way behind the Windows version. I'm stuck cuz I've used quicken for two decades and ain't switching. I bought VM Fusion and run the windows version

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks -I would rather just get everything on a mac format so I am not bouncing back and forth. I would like to have my finance software open and go to my banks site, pay my bill, and have my spreadsheet open to track other stuff, etc.

Anyone use moneydance? They say it is the most quicken like of the software programs. I tried Mint, but not being able to manual enter transactions, and the fact my current local bank is not in their database to download made it DOA.

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
thanks -I would rather just get everything on a mac format so I am not bouncing back and forth. I would like to have my finance software open and go to my banks site, pay my bill, and have my spreadsheet open to track other stuff, etc.

You can...that's exactly what I do. Fusion/Windows doesn't have to be run full screen. You can choose to run it in "Unity" mode meaning each Windows program is in a widow within OS X. Works great. ONly real downside is the initial cost.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Anyone use moneydance? They say it is the most quicken like of the software programs. I tried Mint, but not being able to manual enter transactions, and the fact my current local bank is not in their database to download made it DOA.

We used to use MoneyDance. It worked quite well, but quit several years ago when we realized that due to online banking and other changes, it and Quiken were unnecessary.

Now I let the Bank track transactions for me and use an Excel spreadsheet to plan future purchases.
Regardless, MoneyDance was a good Quiken replacement IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
iBank works pretty well and it syncs wirelessly with the mobile version.

OP
S
Reaction score
with ibank - can you manually enter transactions? I use a small local bank and need to be able to manual enter them as few of the software options will link with them

Reaction score
I have iBank and can easily download transactions (except from US Bank), but haven't figured out how to reconcile my bank statements. I've looked at it many different ways and can't seem to figure it out yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You can manually enter transactions but I only do that for my cash account. I just download all my back transactions so I don't have to reconcile them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Mint.com is pretty awesome, depending on what exactly your are using it for... Web app, iOS App, and Mac Quickview in menubar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.