delete duplicates in iPhoto

Reaction score
I'm using 10.6.8
Is there any way to delete duplicate photos in
Iphoto without doing the one at a time?

ellapotter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If you mean via a command like "delete duplicates" then not as far as I know, but you can hold down control (the Apple key) and highlight them all in one go. You can then delete them en masse.

C

chas_m

"Control" is not "the Apple key." In fact I'm not sure what you're talking about there, probably the "command" key (though it doesn't have an Apple on it and hasn't for years).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Was there any need for the telling off Chas_m? You used to post such helpful stuff, now you just seem to chastise people for typos and non Apple-esque beliefs. It's a shame when you clearly have a wealth of knowledge on Apple hardware and software. Particularly in this case where the OP has asked about iPhoto, a topic you've commented on quite heavily in the past, you chosen not to reply to the OP at all.
As a side note my 2007 White MacBook has an Apple symbol on the command key, til recently, like the OP, that was running Snow Leopard.

Ellapotter:
There are a few ways to delete duplicates in iPhoto but it should be done with care and after backing-up.
The first thing I'd try is Duplicate Cleaner for iPhoto.

C

chas_m

The rest of my post above was strangely cut off (probably my fault, in a hurry). It should have included the following:

"For my money there is no better way to deal with large-scale duplicate hunting than by spending the $8 to get Duplicate Annihilator from Brattoo."

As for my style or lack thereof I invite you to actually take a look at what I write here in a typical day by doing a search on any given day's entries from me. I believe you will find that your impressions are mistaken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If that was your original post, curtailed. I apologise re the remark of lack of comment to the OP.

C

chas_m

It was my fault, I dashed it off in a hurry and didn't look to see that it was incomplete. It did seem rude without the rest of it. My apologies to all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.