MLB.com/AtBat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 9/3/10 OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Firefox 26,0 iPad, iPod Touch
After being shuffled between Apple Care and MLB.com I decided to ask for help here in the seat of wisdom.
Here’s the problem:
I can’t get the audio MLB.com/AtBat to work on my iPod Touch. It worked fine for two years but this year something changed and I don’t know what.
The MLB.com/AtBat works fine on my iMac but on the iPod a screen comes up asking me to buy the subscription. My subscription is active and confirmed on my MLB account.
It is the app that does not recognize my subscription. Here’s the scene, when clicking the app on the iPod a screen offer to buy or the option for subscriber login. The login is filled in and logging in brings me back to a purchase screen again. This screen has a choice to switch account which brings me back to login. There is a “Restore” button which brings up request for Apple ID password and responding to that a message arrives saying no purchases were found.
So my question is how can I make the iPod app follow the url that my Mac uses which is The Official Site of Major League Baseball | MLB.com: Homepage
I never had to go through this last year or year before.
Mac is running OS X 10.7.5 Lion using Chrome.
iPod is PC540 LL using OS 6.0.1
BTW MLB says this is an iPod problem.
Apple Care says this is a MLB problem.
Hope you can help, thanks,
Bill

C

chas_m

I would suggest deleting the MLB app and re-downloading it from the app store, then re-entering the subscription info.

They just updated the app a few days ago.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 9/3/10 OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Firefox 26,0 iPad, iPod Touch
I did that with no positive result. Here's message I am sending to all my contacts that explains what happened.
I've just had the most enlightening experience dealing with MLB.comAtBat audio. For the past 3 years my subscription was automatically renewed and charged to my registered credit card.
This year access to the audio of baseball games was denied with a message saying my account did not include this service. However it worked fine on the desktop.
Trying to sort out why I could not get games on the iPad or iPod Touch was a nightmare of telcons between Apple Care and MLB. It took a few days and each first blamed the other for the problem.
Today I learned the 2013 version is ONLY available on the desktop. If I want the games on iPad and iPod Touch I must buy TWO more subscriptions.
When I asked Gin, the MLB agent why I wasn't told about this new rule when they accepted my money for the year, he had no answer.
Please alert your friends to this injustice and spread the word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Tell them you are going to become a hockey fan. ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Your MLB agent doesn't even have it right. At least not according to their own web site.

The MLB.TV premium, which includes a free subscription to At Bat on all your mobile devices is an extra $20 a year per this page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.