Ipod Nano 3rd Gen deleted files recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, while sync for the first time with my Macbook Pro, accidentally erased all my music from Ipod. Had no backup in my Itunes. How can I recover my music? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Was your music originally purchased from iTunes? If so, download your music again from iTunes. If you had other music on your iPod that was not purchased from iTunes, you'll need recovery software. "Recover my iPod"

C

chas_m

As chscag says, any songs you bought from iTunes can be re-downloaded for free.

Other songs are still present on the CDs you ripped, so you can always re-rip them.

If you got the songs from some other source, and you erased the iPod, they are most likely gone. I'm not sure I understand how you had that many songs on the iPod but not already in iTunes on your Mac ... where were these songs synced from?

OP
P
Reaction score
All songs were from other sources, but no Itunes. It was a big mistake not to backed them up, to late for regrets. All I'ed heard is about recovery software as shscag said. Is it a realiable software? Thanks to both.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, the software is reliable but as you can see, it's not free. Next time, don't forget to backup.

C

chas_m

I'm mystified at how people have iPods full of music, but that music isn't already on the iTunes on their Mac or PC. How is that even possible??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Good question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
I'm mystified at how people have iPods full of music, but that music isn't already on the iTunes on their Mac or PC. How is that even possible??

I have come across this at work. Customers tell me they deleted their iTunes library as they were running out of hard drive space. Then when their iPod dies they panic. It does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.