Having Issues after upgrading to 10.8.2 and RDP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2011 (A1286), 2.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, DualGrafix, Mountain Lion 10.8.2 / iPod /iPhone4s
Ok, I have bought this MBP 2nd hand that came with freshly installed OSx 10.8.

Was having problem with Wifi, it was very slow in my Uni Wifi. So upgraded to 10.8.2 and the WiFi became much faster.

But after upgrading, the application folder and the download folder that sits on the dock lost its default "A" symbol and "down-arrow' symbol and looks like normal folders. Is it common and can it be fixed? I really liked the original folders with symbols. Please help.

Also using remote desktop that comes with Office 2011 for Mac to connect to my office PC. It does the job, but I hate that it chops off 30% of the PC screen without any option to scroll on that side.:Shouting::Shouting: I have stuffs on that part that I need to access.

I know I can access it through explorer, but was wondering Is there a better alternative to do remote desktop from my MBP to windows PC?

Really appreciate any help.

MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Dual Grafix (512+1GB), Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.