Images with text

Reaction score
Hopefully simple.....I have a CD with J-Pegs that I would like to send someone. I need to add title & size to the pics. Sound simple...I tried in to do it in Mail but when I send it to someone the pics are bunched together & the title & sizes are not where they started. Is there a simple way to do this. I have Micro Office,Preview,Picasa....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You can change image size and add text to the image in Preview. It's called "Annotate" and I forget which menu it's under and I'm at work so I don't have access to a Mac right now.

OP
C
Reaction score
I Found that. I don't want the text on the pic but under it....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You don't really want to use the formatting in an e-mail to do what you want..depending on how your recipients have set their e-mail application, it will get lost. Some people like full HTML, some just RTF and others plain text..

You need to rethink how you plan on relaying the information..

One option is to use a spreadsheet with fields for file name, title and size.

OP
C
Reaction score
Can you put pics on the spread sheet?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Embedding pictures into the spreadsheet will make it gynormous to transmit through e-mail...you can use the spreadsheet as a way of referencing the pictures, while keeping the pictures separate..

OP
C
Reaction score
Let me elaborate on this a little so maybe I'll get an answer that will help. My wife is an artist & she has some jpegs that she wants to put on a disc to send to a gallery. I need to add the name & put the size under them not on them. I have a Mac Book. What program or how would I do this..

C

chas_m

After thinking about this for a bit, I think what you need is a kind of "contact sheet" program that lets you put captions under each photo. You can accomplish this in iPhoto I think, but can't add filesize info to the contact sheet (boooo). The contact sheet would be a separate jpg file that goes along with the other jpgs.

Photoshop's contact sheet maker will include filesize info, if you have Photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.