Export photos from Aperture on my MacBook Pro to an external hard drive

Reaction score
xxxxx

How do I export photos on my MacBook Pro from Aperture to an external hard drive in order to free up space on my MacBook Pro? During my One to One membership, my Apple instructor told me to:
1.Plug external hard drive into power outlet and USB port on Mac.
2.Open Aperture.
3.Choose the Project I want to export.
4.Click File-Export Masters.
5.Open external hard drive.
6.Open new library in external hard drive.
7.Click export masters in lower left corner.

My problem is that I can't click on "Export Masters" under File as instructed in step #4, because the word "Masters" isn't in darker print. It's in lighter print, which is what displays when you can't chose it for some reason.

Could the problem be that the photos in the Project I chose in #3 contain both Masters and Versions? Do I have to choose the Masters within the Project and export them, and then choose the Versions and export them? Also, you should know...When I edit a photo in Aperture, I first click Photos-"New Version from Master", so I have a separate Master and Version in my Project file. In other words, the Version is not on top of the Master. If I want to see the Master, I just click on it. I don't press the "M" on my keyboard while the Version is open in order to see the Master.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.