itunes shuffling

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering why my itunes is kind of jumping from one song to another in no particular order when I don't have shuffle on. Thanks.

C

chas_m

Much clarification needed (and maybe a screenshot) in order to give you any sort of intelligent answer. In particular it's important to mention what version of iTunes we're talking about.

I'll give you a couple of wild guesses based on my patented psychic ability though :)

1. Any songs in your song list UNchecked? iTunes will skip right over those.

2. In the songs view, how are they sorted?

3. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't have shuffle on? In iTunes 11, you have to look here:

iTunes-11-shuffle.jpg

(in this picture, shuffle is OFF. When it's on the shuffle icon is blue.)

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi, yea I'm absolutely sure I don't have shuffle on. All the songs are checked. I'm using iTunes 11.0.1. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I downloaded these songs from a friends website and under the same album title there are multiple track 1s, 2s, 3s, etc.

C

chas_m

Yes, that could be the issue. Try tagging the songs with more complete information and see if that doesn't help.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea so now every time I try to change the tile of a song on one cd it changes the song title and the another song on the same cd. This itunes is crap compared to the older versions.

C

chas_m

That's not how it works. Are you editing the information in iTunes by using command-i (get info)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.