apple icloud mail id locked

Reaction score
I recently received a notice that my apple id has been locked for security reasons.
I was directed to enable my account by resetting my password at iforgot.apple.com
I went to the link designated and entered my apple id. so far so good. Now it gets gnarly.
I was given two options to reset my password:
1. email to address on file - unfortunately that is the very same email address that is now blocked by the locking of my apple id;
2. answer security question - unfortunately I no longer remember the complete answer.
Apple gives me no other options to address this problem.
What is my way out of this dilemma?
Arthur DiPietro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your email address is not blocked per se. Only your email address as used for your Apple ID. Respond to option one and let's see what happens. Also, you might want to utilize a password manager application to remember all those passwords and security questions.

OP
A
Reaction score
apple icloud id locked

The email to which apple is sending me the message on changing my password is the email i cannot access because my id is disabled.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're saying that the email address you used for your Apple ID is not your real email address that you receive other mail to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
Why would your email itself be blocked because your apple id is blocked? Can't you log into your email via your webpage like gmail.com or mail.yahoo.com or hotmail.com? Or even use Mail? I guess I don't understand the problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I don't understand the problem.

Frankly, neither do I. I believe the OP is confused or mislead on what Apple has blocked. No way Apple can block your email address. They can, however, block your Apple ID. And if your Apple ID is the same as your email address, you will still continue to receive regular email and be able to send.

C

chas_m

Apple REQUIRES a second email address in order to send password reset information. Always has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
Looks like the OP hasn't come back for help. Either they figured it out or were just trolling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.