Unauthorized to open a file

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I haven´t been able to open certain files for some days. Whenever I try to do it appears a message saying that I'm not authorized, which doesn't make sense, as everyone else in my class can see them. I can´t even open screen captures (doesn't matter if it's with Adobe reader or Vista rápida (the usual from mac)). I have heard about a virus in Mac (I have Macbook pro) that does something like this. Help me please!

C

chas_m

You have heard incorrectly, there are no viruses for Mac. There's also no malware (not the same thing as a virus) that "does this" that I'm aware of. I don't know what "Vista Rápida" is (the Spanish version of Preview, perhaps?), but what it sounds to me like is that your Mac is in dire need of some maintenance.

I'd suggest making a backup (using Time Machine or some other option) and then downloading and running the free OnyX for your system version (which you didn't mention so I can't offer you a direct link). Just check everything in the Automate tab and run that, and restart the machine when its done if it doesn't do it by itself. Then report back.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what "Vista Rápida" is (the Spanish version of Preview, perhaps?)

He's referring to "Quick View".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.