final cut pro running slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
I'm experiencing a lag with final cut. I spilled some water on my computer. It's only when the video renders.

I just started doing **** with it yesterday and it seems to be the only problem. I'm splicing up a lot of clips to make it run faster hopefully.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did you do the necessary amount of drying after the water spill? Usually any liquid spilling on a computer will harm all sorts of things, but I can't imagine that it's affecting just one application or functionality..

What does "spliciing up a lot of chips"??

Was Final Cut working better before the water spill and is that the only thing that has happened?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
Did you do the necessary amount of drying after the water spill? Usually any liquid spilling on a computer will harm all sorts of things, but I can't imagine that it's affecting just one application or functionality..

What does "spliciing up a lot of chips"??

Was Final Cut working better before the water spill and is that the only thing that has happened?

I did like two things before. Not doing much more.

I dried it. Time machine isn't backing up but I specifically told it not to so that could be me or a corrupted hard drive? Splicing up video for final cut. About to try that.

What is the necessary amount of drying? It seemed to spill on the keyboard I freaked out and got a towel. I'm thinking about trying a bag of rice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.