Spilled water on macbook pro

Reaction score
hello. i hope you can help me..
the other day i did something stupid and spilled water on my keyboard. it was around 1/4 a water bottle. within a few seconds my macbook shut off on its own. I quickly tried to soak up the water with a towel and removed the back of the macbook and took out the battery. I pulled all the little keys from the keyboard to try to help it dry faster. I put my macbook in a tray of uncooked rice and left it there for around a day and a half to dry in a warm area (around 36 hours to dry total). there was no evidence of any more water and it seemed to have all dried out. after 36 hours, I pt the battery back in and turned it on and is working perfectly normal but I'm scared it will shut off while I'm using it because there might still be some water inside the keyboard. what should i do? should I shut it down and reopen the back and take out the battery to dry some more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Fingers crossed for you as staff member says quite often it takes days, or even weeks, for the logic board to fail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
welcome to the site...for a horrid reason mind you... :(
Good luck in the next few days....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.