Mail going offline

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB memory
Hi folks,
As I understand it when a connection to the internet is lost all the email accounts on my Macbook go 'offline'. Why does it not automatically take accounts back online when the connection to the internet is resumed? is there a way to make that happen? It's not a huge problem but it niggles me every time it happens.

An old proverb: It's better to stay silent and appear a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

This is my first Mac so I hope you don't think I'm a dork for asking this question.
Hasta luego.
Crag52

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How do you access your email, through the built in mail client? On the web or another mail client?

The built in one should just take care of itself connecting when a connection is available.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB memory
I'm using the built in mail client but I have to manually take my accounts back on line, I'm having other issues with web pages not loading which I have made a separate post about, maybe the two things are related.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.