Trackpad problems

Reaction score
I have the Mac Trackpad and got a warning that the battery level was low. I removed the old ones, replaced them with new ones and now it won't work at all. Since the old ones still worked, I put them back in and they don't work either! We have rechecked that they are in correctly, even went to a Mac site to verify.

Any ideas?

Thanks.....I am headed for bed here on the EST timezone but will check back in the morning.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you mean that it does not work at all or that it refuses to pair/maintain a connection? My keyboard experiences an issue from time to time where it looses connection and will not red-pair for some time then will suddenly work again.

Reaction score
I always like to try simple things first--- do you have the batteries in the right way? Or is the cover latched? Hope it is a simple fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Have you looked in the Bluetooth section of System Preferences.

OP
J
Reaction score
checked the manual. batteries are correct, end cover is secure, bluetooth trackpad search through system preferences says there is none! I have done this before darn it ! And, the curser won't budge.

OP
J
Reaction score
I decided to try and restart the computer to see if that might help matters and now I have another issue It says that my Evernote won't close so it cannot restart. There is nothing running from Evernote. I closed it all and even checked the Mission Control and there was nothing from Evernote open.
Also - this is the small trackpad, the "Magic Trackpad", not one attached to the keyboard like on a laptop.

Any help on this situation?

Mac Mini, OSX 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For the Evernote problem, open up Activity Monitor and close any Evernote related processes (Evernote and EvernoteHelper).

Have you tried setting up your trackpad again? And, perhaps a stupid question - is it on?

OP
J
Reaction score
Sorry, but what is Activity monitor and where do I find it? And if there is a power switch, I don't know where it is. To install again...you got me on that one since my son did all of the set-up on this one for me.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Check /Applications/Utilities/.

See page 3 here for a diagram that points out the power button.

OP
J
Reaction score
Good grief! How simple was that! I'm feeling really dumb at the moment.....if I ever knew that was there, I forgot it. Thanks so much. For future problems I will now know to go find a manual from Apple!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Nick. I might have even thought of that myself, eventually. In any case, this was a lesson along the path of learning this machine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.