Network Router Problem

Reaction score
I have a locked network with a NETGEAR router. There are several computers on this network, one of them is an iMac .
After some few minutes of inactivity on the iMac I have to enable the network connection again on this computer, All other computers (PC's) stay connected. Is there a way to have the iMac also continually connected?.
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
Try the following options.

Enter your Netgear settings (using the 192.168.1.1 in your webbrowser or an alternative IP assigned to your browser) and have a look on what channel the iMac is connecting. Change it to a different channel and see if this changes the situation.

Another option I encountered while looking this up, is to change the security in the router settings to WPA Personal and not WPA2 personal.

If this doesnt help out, just try a google search on ”netgear mac network connection” or something similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.