Connection - PC and iBook

B

butcherson

Hello everybody, I have difficult task for me..how to connect (by RJ45 lan cabel) PC and my iBook(G4 with Mac OS X). I tried everithing and nothing work. I set up shearing and automatic IP on both machines.But still doesnt work :( Some help for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
I am kinda wondering the same thing. I have not yet tried it though. I will do it tonight and see if I can. What are you using it for? Basically I want my music of my pc, but dont want to have to buy a usb hard-drive to transfer it all. In the future I want to though, 4gb of music on the Ibook will be a bit too much for it.
-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
Sorry don't really know. I have my iBook on my Home network (LAN) and can share files without any problems.

Reaction score
Are you using an ethernet cable straight from the PC to the iBook? Is it a crossover cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
well ive got 2 pcs and 2 macs sharing files and internet. Just using a router off my modem.

You can share files using the shared folder. It is quite easy.
if it is just 2 computers you can use a router or a crossover cable as mynameis suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.