GIMP help needed

Reaction score
I got myself an iMac in the summer of 2012. I used to use windows so things are a little different. I downloaded GIMP and just now downloaded the updated version to see if it would fix my issue but I am still having issues.

on a windows PC, these files open in GIMP with no issues in JPG, GIF and PNG versions. If I go into the iMac GIMP, it tells me that the file is either corrupted or just isn't a JGP, GIF or PNG file when it really is. How can I fix this? I really would like to open these files in the iMac to work on them. I am trying to update some website things and I can't because I can't open these images on the iMac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't want to seem like I'm being pushy here.... but my humble advice is to stop using GIMP and instead download the very nice "Pixelmator" from the Mac App store. It's one of the best bargains there is for $14.99 and very easy to use unlike the awkward and difficult to get working right "GIMP".

Reaction score
These pics you're trying, they do have extensions right? Like .png or .jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.