Photoshop elements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
Hi all.

I've got a Canon 300D and was quite happily using PS2 on the old Windows machine, but when I changed to the Mac it wouldn't work... too old.

I'm now thinking of buying a later version of PS but would like a bit of advice about which one. I want to stitch photo's for a panorama as well as the usual size reducing. I'm no expert by any means, but used the old PS2 and was fairly used to it.

I've seen some "box open" PS 5's on Amazon, but don't like the idea of buying something that's not brand new. I also need to know what works with 10.8.2, as I've seen some people talking about glitches or bugs or something that affects the operation of the software. I don't want to end up with something that won't work.

Sorry to ramble and thanks for any help.

C

chas_m

You want Photoshop Elements 11 -- I would have thought this would have been fairly obvious from even a cursory glance at Adobe's site, as it's the current version.

Expect a learning curve, as it bears NO RESEMBLANCE AT ALL to the ancient PSE 2. However, if you put aside what you know of PSE 2 and start fresh I think you'll find that it's much improved, easier to use and get into quickly. Seems to sell for about $100, maybe slightly cheaper if you shop around.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
Thanks Chas.

I found a site called 'Digital Hardware" here in Oz that's selling
"Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 MP Attach" for A$29.94 including tax.

Does that sound right to you ? It's the MP Attach that worries me. It's described on another part of the page as:
"Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Mulitple Platform Mass Merchant Attach/bundle"

Does it make any sense to you ? They want about A$9.00 for delivery, but that still makes it dirt cheap if it's what you'd expect.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried to order PSE11 from Amazon U.S but they wont post to Oz (US$74.00 as opposed to A$149.00 here) so I went to Amazon UK and got it for about A$92.00 delivered here.

Australian businesses are always whinging about people buying overseas... I don't have to think very hard to see why.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If that is the case, then I wonder why the Aussie Government hasn't asked why before... could it be because they get more tax out of it.

Anyway, I'm pleased with what I got, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally had the PSE11 delivered (took it's time) from Amazon UK. Cost A$92.00 all up, so pleased with that.

Now for the questions. I haven't installed PSE yet, but I've read that the organizer is a pain to use with iPhoto. I don't know anything about this, so would appreciate some help before I do. At the moment, all our photo's are in iPhoto.

C

chas_m

My advice would be to ignore Adobe's organizer (which will be difficult, it's rather insistent!) and stick with iPhoto. Just set iPhoto's preferences to have PSE be your external editor and you're all set.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks mate. I'll try and install it without the organizer if possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.