Help, lost downloads on dock

Reaction score
I was just trying to drag an image I downloaded into an email and then the computer made that *poof* noise and all my downloads disappeared. How do I get this folder back on my dock. Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok I fixed it. I did it how I thought...dragged it from my Finder but the first time I tried to do it, it started copying everything into my documents. Silly macbook can be so annoying sometimes

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your Finder side bar. (Open Finder) Drag the download folder from the side bar to the RIGHT side of the Dock divider line and drop it there. Right click on the new Download folder and select: Name, Folder, Grid or List.

OP
D
Reaction score
I want the download thing that opens up like a curved line of all the stuff I just recently downloaded. *** macbook. Why do you suck so much time out of my life!

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok so I got it all fixed up...but I feel like it used to open when I ran the mouse over it without having to click on it. I also feel like I lost 20 minutes of my life

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can fix that rather easily once the Downloads folder is on the right side of that line in the Dock. Right click (or control click) the Downloads folder in the Dock. A menu will appear with options for how you want the icons in the folder to behave.

From what you have described I suspect it was set to either Fan or Grid with it set to display as a Stack. You can also sort the list by date added.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok so I got it all fixed up...but I feel like it used to open when I ran the mouse over it without having to click on it.

You don't say what OS you have, but mine doesn't respond without clicking.

As far as that 20 minutes, does it include the time you've spent here? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.