Pages created pdf looks awful on iMac, great on iPad, iPhone

Reaction score
I have a pdf file created from a Pages pdf export and a pages "print" pdf file (I've tried both.)

The text in the pdf is 10 pt Times New Roman. It text looks really BAD when viewed with Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro on my iMac. It also looks bad (fuzzy) using Kindle for Mac and it looks bad in Safari. It looks much better in Preview.

The pdf also looks bad in Windows browsers and Windows Adobe Reader running under VMWare Fusion on my iMac.

However, the pdf also looks absolutely GREAT on my iPhone and iPad using any number of apps. It also looks great on a Kindle Fire. But again, it looks awful in Adobe Reader and ADE on OSX.

This pdf is going to be distributed and probably most recipients will use Adobe Reader, thus, seeing a really fuzzy pdf.

Why would the pdf appear so much worse in Adobe products (under OSX AND Windows 7)?

By the way... I've opened and saved the file in Acrobat Pro, made sure fonts were embedded, and it was no help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.