MAC NOTES not showing sidebar

Reaction score
Today when I loaded NOTES on my MAC AIR, the NOTES sidebar did not show. How do you show the sidebar? Also, as soon as try to type in a new note, nothing happens and the colored "Wheel of Death" starts spinning. The only way to get away from it is to go into another application, and then the Popup menu comes on that "Notes has unexpectedly died."
I did a RESTART on my MAC AIR, but NOTES still does not work. I tried to load some kind of video Ap and I suspect that it zapped NOTES somehow. My NOTES files still show on my iPhone. Maybe I need a way to reinitialize my NOTES Ap on my MAC AIR.

C

chas_m

Could you give us some more details on the "video app" you "tried to load"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Today when I loaded NOTES on my MAC AIR, the NOTES sidebar did not show. How do you show the sidebar?
To answer the question literally, to show the sidebar (if it's not showing at all) click the oval in the upper right corner of the window. If there is another sidebar that the application Notes adds to the window, then I don't know the answer to that question. But then, you didn't ask it, although it is strongly implied.

Also, as soon as try to type in a new note, nothing happens and the colored "Wheel of Death" starts spinning. The only way to get away from it is to go into another application, and then the Popup menu comes on that "Notes has unexpectedly died."
They have a sense of humor, of sorts. Sure it doesn't say it Quit? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.