Iphone is slower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 13-inch, mid 2010, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.8.2
I have had my iphone 4 for quite a while and over time, it progressively gets a little slower. Are there any tips on why this might be and how I can speed it up?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Power it off and start it up again once in a while. That will usually do wonders. Also, routinely go and close all apps in the multitask bar as well..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 13-inch, mid 2010, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.8.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Settings - General - Usage make sure you have at least a little space left in your storage. This page will also tell you what's hogging space.

Also, a hard boot holding sleep wake and home buttons for 10 seconds or until screen blanks and apple logo appears. This clears down parts a normal power cycle doesn't reach :)

Works wonders every now and again

C

chas_m

I happen to have spoken yesterday with a friend who was complaining about some iPhone oddity and I suggested powering it down. She was DUMBFOUNDED that one could actually do this -- and thus had never done it (she got her iPhone in OCTOBER).

Naturally it cured the problem. :)

Reaction score
Power it off and start it up again once in a while. That will usually do wonders. Also, routinely go and close all apps in the multitask bar as well..

Me too, I always close apps in the multitask bar to prevent faster battery drainage as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.