Picture File Location

Reaction score
Let me know if I am in the wrong forum with this question.

My wife and I both have used MacBook Pros for the past year, and last week she killed hers by spilling liquid on it. It is dead. As I observed her usage of this powerful laptop, I determined that an Ipad would more than meet her needs, so I bought one for her with 16G storage. She loves it.

Now, what can I do with her huge 35g file of photos. I removed the hard drive from the dead machine and have everything on one of my 1TB drives. Is it possible to leave it on the drive and connect the drive to my Win 7 office computer and have her access it with iphoto on the Ipad. What about buying space on ICloud and putting them there?

How do I make Iphoto find the file. What do you suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
How do I make Iphoto find the file.
If you have her iPhoto Library file on the external drive connected to your Mac, open iPhoto while holding down the Option/Alt key and then navigate to the file and choose it for iPhoto to open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.