Screen size increasing

Reaction score
I have a late 2012 IMac and am doing some unknown thing with the mouse that makes the print size suddenly increase on my screen. I don't know what I am doing nor do I know how to reduce the size after it happens.
Thanks for any help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check your "Universal Access" or "Accessibility" settings in System Preferences.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're probably zooming in on the picture. What kind of mouse are you using?

If you are using an Apple Magic Mouse, go here and also watch the videos to learn gestures.

C

chas_m

I know exactly what you are doing since I do it myself. You are absent-mindedly tapping (not clicking) twice on the Magic Mouse, which invokes a zoom. Try it deliberately and you'll see what I mean. Do it again to zoom back out.

You can turn this feature off in your system preferences, but once you know what is causing it, you can avoid doing it inadvertently and I've found it's actually quite a handy little feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.