Disable iPhoto start/import when camera connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Since I always re-size my images (or would like to) prior to importing them into iPhoto, I'd like the connected camera to simply appear as a drive. I'd copy the photos off, re-size them, and then import them into iPhoto. Is there a preference to "do nothing" when the camera is connected, except as I mentioned, to have it appear as a drive? FWIW, it's an HP PhotoSmart M305. Thanks.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you have to go into image capture, and selest preferences. underneath there somewhere you can select what happend when you connect your camera.

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macAttack said:
you have to go into image capture, and selest preferences. underneath there somewhere you can select what happend when you connect your camera.

Thank you very much. I had forgotten (or rather, never known) that Image Capture was a standalone app. That took care of it.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
hey, i know you got your problem solved and such but just from personal experience, i did this for a while and now i am extremely annoyed that i have done it because now i have this picture i absolutely love and just a small copy of it left. good enough for a 4x6 print, but i would love to have the larger copy.

just my .02
have a good day
-chris

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
hey, i know you got your problem solved and such but just from personal experience, i did this for a while and now i am extremely annoyed that i have done it because now i have this picture i absolutely love and just a small copy of it left. good enough for a 4x6 print, but i would love to have the larger copy.

just my .02
have a good day
-chris

You make a very good point, as I have also regretted re-sizing some images after the fact. I don't think I'd be as concerned if it weren't for the fact that I may not yet fully understand iPhoto and how it works once photos are imported. Re-sizing, and even re-naming already imported images seems to be much more of a challenge than it should be. So, that's really the reason for my order of operations.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4
Thats something I've been wanting to know for a while as iPhoto keeps loading and then stalls when I connect my camera.

I've always found that importing images manually easier and doesn't take any longer to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.