• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems finding imported video

Reaction score
Having a few issues with finding a couple of video files after I've exported them. Am using Iexplorer and taking them off an Iphone, they seemed to import fine but then are just nowhere to be found but have taken up their allotted space on the hard disc... (some have worked fine)

Any suggestions?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Try searching in finder
Kind:video

Sort by modified date

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It looks like it might import it into your iTunes library. Check <your user>/Music/iTunes/.

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty weird. I've done it since with other videos and it's fine just dragged them onto the desktop and they transfered there. With this one I watched the HD space tick down and nothing appeared. Nothing in itunes either.

There isn't an app for searching files that have become 'lost' like this is there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Honestly, if it's not where you dragged it to, chances are the copy failed and was rolled back so it's not on your Mac at all.

I'd re-copy.

OP
L
Reaction score
I would've thought that except I sat there watching the HD size tick down in the finder so it's definitely occupying space... Strange, but maybe no solution I guess?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And that space is definitely still occupied?

OP
L
Reaction score
It is indeed... It happened twice and I was carefully watching it the second time as I was wary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.