iBook G4 keyboard problems

R

RichD1

I recently bought an iBook (like...today) and installed an extra stick of RAM right away (...finding a screwdriver for those **** miniscrews on the RAM Guard was a pain), but unfortunately the RAM didn't register so I need to get back in there to fix it.

When I try to pop the keyboard off again, it won't open. The thing in the middle isn't locked; ****, I even took it off completely to make sure it wasn't preventing me from getting the keyboard off, but no luck. When I hold both tabs, one side of the keyboard comes up a little, and the other side just stays there and the keyboard doesn't come off.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get this keyboard off; it seems to be stuck.
Anyone have any ideas/fixed this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you sure it isn't locked? You only need to turn it in 1/4 revolutions to open/lock it, so sometimes you'll think you've unlocked it, but you've gone round too far.

If that isn't it, try lifting up the sides and then pry something underneath the middle section. Then gently try to lever it up - sometimes it can stick.

Don't pull to hard on the ends, you might break the clips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
check the bottom of the keyboard, you may have accidentally put it in crooked and one side may not be down all the way, i did that once and it was a pain to get back out.

OP
R

RichD1

Aptmunich said:
Are you sure it isn't locked? You only need to turn it in 1/4 revolutions to open/lock it, so sometimes you'll think you've unlocked it, but you've gone round too far.

If that isn't it, try lifting up the sides and then pry something underneath the middle section. Then gently try to lever it up - sometimes it can stick.

Don't pull to hard on the ends, you might break the clips.

I'm positive it isn't locked; I even took the key that locks it (the one in between f5 and f6, naturally) off of the keyboard and the keyboard was still stuck.

Reaction score
Keyboard Issue

on my Ibook G4, that lock light between f5 and f6 is on when i havent locked anything, and it is causing my u, and 4 other keys to not respond when i press them, but it originated when my Y key was loose and i fixed it to where it wasnt, but since then, the u (had to copy and paste the letter), and the other keys like i said are not responding and that light is still on? anybody knows what the problem is and how to correct it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.