does usb recharge harm powerbook battery or ipod battery vs plus in charge?

Reaction score
I heard from some Circuit City sales reps that by repetedly connecting your ipod to your laptop to charge that it will damage your computer batter/ or the ipod's battery or something like that.
He said that I should get the outlet plug in charger, which would protect the ipod battery, plus the computer.
Is this true?
Maybe the extra constant drain on the laptop is bad?
Should I be concerned about this in the long hall?
Also, should I frequently totally drain the battery to "condition" it?
Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
I think they were just trying to get you to buy a charger. I charge my Ipod Video all the time on my laptop when it's not plugged in and they are both fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Never listen to the reps at these big-*** electronics chains.

I know I'm being unfair to the ones that know what their doing, but it's their job to sell you stuff. They don't care about wether or not you need it, wether or not you want it, or wether or not you even have a clue of what the **** it is, they'll sell it to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Remember, every employee at a chain store is trying to get you to buy something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.