imac g3 not powering on at all

Reaction score
so I got a imac g3 233mz from eBay the seller said it was working and all the pitchers showing it was. win I got it it wont power up at all nothing happens win i push the power butted I check if all the cords out and in side the mac were connected . can some one help me

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Start with the power supply. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up the model G3 you have. You can then get the take apart instructions in order to check the power supply. If it needs a new power supply you may be able to find one on eBay or from ifixit.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
so I got a imac g3 233mz from eBay the seller said it was working and all the pitchers showing it was. win I got it it wont power up at all nothing happens win i push the power butted I check if all the cords out and in side the mac were connected . can some one help me

Sounds like one of two things could have happened as well:

- either the iMac was one of many the seller was selling (not uncommon...folks buy these G3 iMac's by the pallet load)...and the pictures you saw were not of the actual unit you received.
- the iMac got damaged in shipping

Hard to say exactly which (if either) may apply. The shipping box should have been damaged if it happened during shipping.

If it wasn't damaged during shipping...and if some simple troubleshooting ideas don't help...you may want to contact the seller regarding a refund or a replacement unit.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
I will look in to it

Sounds like one of two things could have happened as well:

- either the iMac was one of many the seller was selling (not uncommon...folks buy these G3 iMac's by the pallet load)...and the pictures you saw were not of the actual unit you received.
- the iMac got damaged in shipping

Hard to say exactly which (if either) may apply. The shipping box should have been damaged if it happened during shipping.

If it wasn't damaged during shipping...and if some simple troubleshooting ideas don't help...you may want to contact the seller regarding a refund or a replacement unit.

- Nick

I thought the same thing about the shipping to the box that was ship in was all ripped and beaten
I know that the seller did not have a lot of them. he just wonted to sell something

I will see if the power supply is dead or shaked out of place or something tomorrow

OP
R
Reaction score
no the power supply its working

so I check to see if the power supply was out or some thing but it works I found a tester for the g3 at a yard sale. I am going to get anther imac g3 to check it out this may take some time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do not spend too much money on it. They are worth about $5.00. You can get a much later G5 PowerMac say for about $100.00.

Reaction score
Theres a fuse on the PS board, round glass ...Check its not broken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.